Aren't they Cute!
more on that in a minute!
Gosh.... It's hard to believe that Spring Break is over! This will be one that will not be forgotten anytime soon!
The kiddos were ready for a break - they had talked about all the things they wanted to do while on vacation. Things were going as planned...right up until Monday about 3pm.
Monday was a warm sunny day, the kids were playing outside and I was sitting on the driveway enjoying the sunshine for a minute. I hear lots of screaming - but didn't pay it any attention - that had been going on all afternoon. Then Jordan's scream of "MOM" didn't sound right. I look up to see him limping home with his right shin covered in blood. OH CRAP!
I went and grabbed him .. sat him on the driveway and looked at his shin... no doubt about it ... stitches in our future... OH CRAP!
Run inside - grab a towel - wet the towel - run outside and put it on this ugly gash. Run inside grab my phone to call the Doctor, he's outta town (why is that... they are always outta town when you REALLY need them) his office says go to the ER.... yikes ER.... OH CRAP!
I picked Jordan up and carry him inside and sat him down by the front door -- I knew we would be leaving shortly so keep him close to the door. Call Doug -- 'you've gotta come home now -- Jordan is gonna need stitches...' OH CRAP!
My front door is now wide open with our neighbors there for support... there were 6 of them all standing there.... OH CRAP!
I look down at Jordan - he is scared -- and I feel like I'm freaking out... OH CRAP! I have to get it together.. my son is hurt and needs me to tell him it's gonna be ok! So... I did!
We have a friend who is a nurse at the clinic and she whisked us back.... right past the 2 1/2 hour wait and an hour later we are leaving ....
Jordan is the proud owner of 9 -- count 'em -- 9 stitches on his right shin. Our precious 9 year old now has 9 stitches. OH CRAP!
The next 3 days consisted of video games... rented movies.... video games... rented movies ... card games and the couch was a constant!!! POOR GUY!
The past couple of days he's been outside playing... he's a little slower (not much!) but he's ready to get the stitches out and get back to normal. ME TOO!
So.... that was how our Spring Break 2009 went! Not the way we planned.
We are thankful that it wasn't worse.... and thankful for the time we shared together!
No comments:
Post a Comment