Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holiday in the Park








Christmas was in the air at Six Flags this weekend! We took the kids out of school early on Friday to head to Arlington. This is the first time we went to Holiday in the Park -- but it won't be the last!

There was a chill in the air and very few people! It was awesome! We only stood in the Tony Hawk line for about 15 minutes -- other than that we walked right up to the rides and got on! Roller coasters and cool air make for a chilly ride though! I was pretty cold -- go figure! haha There was even a sledding hill -- it was man made ice-- but none the less fun!

The park was covered in twinkle lights and the smell of hot cocoa, spiced cider and roasted nuts were at every corner! The kids got to visit with Santa. They said they wanted it all! Santa told them to leave peanut butter cookies this year! (Picky old guy!) We met Trent, Aly and Trent's friend Erik there. It was a great time!


Saturday night we went to the annual Bowerman Christmas party. Jill and Shannon have a great party house and their friends are tons of fun to hang out with! After we ate as much food as we could stand and more -- we headed upstairs to the bar and ping pong table.... There was a little tourney --- I think I would have done better if I had not had those beers and champagne punch first! haha
The kids love Jill and Shannon and didn't want to come home -- but the Bowerman's will be here for Christmas and we can play more then!
Have a great week and may you get lots done!

1 comment:

David Ankeney Jr said...

Looks like it was great fun!

I wish we could have gone with you guys!

-Dave